Well. It’s happened. I’ve become my father…
Because I’ve just been nominated for a second Liebster Award in a single month. And here I thought my boundless narcissism and creepy charisma was as off-putting as a jar of Granny’s Peach Tea. Go figure. So gratitude is in order! Thank you to Matthew Stuber of Master Of The Fist for the nomination. You’ve made a Well-Red Mage blush!
The Liebster Award (pronounced “@%&!*#”) is an excellent networking tool for recognizing fellow blogs, sharing some viewership and generally spreading the love. We like love here. The Award works as follows, so far as I understand it:
- Thank the person who nominated you and answer the 11 questions they’ve written for you.
- Nominate 11 different people and give them 11 questions to answer.
So here are the questions I was nominated by Mr. Stuber to answer:
- What do you feel you accomplish by blogging?
Restoring the lost knowledge (see About)! And also, it’s a great opportunity to write in manageable chunks rather than tackle (unfinished) novels and short stories.
- What do you consider yourself most talented in?
Public speaking and communication, since I have a history of being a writer in different genres and a preacher.
- If stranded on a deserted island or continent and only allowed 4 items what would they be?
Duct Tape! I saw a Mythbusters episode on that. The next thing would be a self-sustaining desalinization machine, a robot butler, and a Super Nintendo. I’m set!
- What form of transportation do you prefer most?
I can go anywhere I like online.
- What impact do you hope to have on the world?
With my current job working with people with disabilities, I want to be able to impact their lives so they have their dignity and can contribute to society, and as a preacher, I want to impact people to think about their eternal destination.
- Do you believe conflict can be settled just with words, or does physical violence have to be involved when necessary?
Hm well it depends on the conflict. I don’t advocate violence for just anything but a war to end a war I think is just. Communication must always come first, though! Physical force is the first resort of the unintelligent.
- What is your favorite genre of music?
Classical. Particularly Chopin.
- What would you do if you were gifted 2 million dollars, how would you invest?
I’d save money for my family’s future and also donate some to the charities I believe in, but I’m not going to fool myself by saying that I wouldn’t have a wee bit of fun with it.
- What is the first thing you do in the morning after opening your eyes?
Turn and crack my spine like a bowl of rice crispies.
- What is the most rewarding experience you have ever had?
Surviving my wife’s 48 hour labor with our firstborn son, Kal. Yes, naming him after Superman made it worth it. 😉
- Do you think that you could live abroad for an extended period of time? If so, where?
Yes! I have lived abroad. I was in England for college for a bit, but I’d like to church plant in other countries should the opportunity ever arise. I hear Japan is nice.
And my well-red nominees are…
II. Nick the Gent at Deconstructing Video Games
III. pine717 at The Maximum Utmost
IV. Kuribo at Nintendo Figures
V. Sven Wohl at CultureGeek
VI. Clay at Terminally Nerdy
VII. Rash Bandicoot
VIII. SpeedySailor at Stuff and that.
XI. Aeonian Gamer at Level Whimsicality
*My apologies if you’ve been nominated in the past.
Be sure to nominate another 11 bloggers! Your 11 questions are (You can answer them in the comment section below or make your own post. It’s up to you):
- DC or Marvel? (first and foremost)
- Favorite console?
- Favorite video game?
- Favorite character or franchise that needs a comeback?
- Favorite film?
- Favorite book?
- Favorite non-gaming pasttime?
- Favorite thing about blogging and your blogging goals? (two for the price o’ one!)
- Favorite thing you find most inspiring in life?
- What can The Well-Red Mage blog do to improve? (shameless, hehe)
- What’s a game you think I should review?
Thanks for reading and participating!
-The Well-Red Mage